Our Mission Statement
If you are interested and committed to self, business and community development, join us in building and growing a Thumb Area Community of Commerce.
- You are the most important person in our business.
- You are not dependent on us; we are dependent on you.
- You are not an interruption of our work; you are the purpose.
- You do us a favor when you use our services; we are not doing you a favor by serving you.
- You come to us with your needs; it is our job to fulfill them.
- You pay our salaries; without you, we would have to close our doors.
- You deserve the most courteous attention we can give.
- Let us take this moment to say, “Thank you. We appreciate having you as a
Thumb Area Michigan Works! operates under several basic beliefs regarding the people of the Thumb Area. These assumptions govern how the agency works to help people.
- People in the Thumb Area want to work.
- There is a wide range of opportunities for gainful employment in the region.
- Workers can be connected to these opportunities through increased career-planning efforts and lifelong education.
- Connecting employees to better opportunities allows them to be more engaged and more vested in the community.
- The more that employees are fulfilled through their employment and engaged in the community, the better the economy of the Thumb Area will be.